The Systems Engineer will be a hands-on technical role in conjunction will be guiding a team responsible for the day to day operations including migrating production systems into a new architecture, taking advantage of the latest DevOps methodologies and tools. You will be working in a dynamic environment and proposing creative and practical solutions to operational challenges. Lastly, depending on the candidate, they may be an opportunity to lead a team.
Skills and experience you'll bring:
- 4+ years of experience with configuration management
- Preferably SaltStack; Chef or Puppet is acceptable.
- Able to build new pillars and state files.
- Handle issues that arise with running a configuration management platform.
- 2+ years of Python
- Ability to write code to automate routine Operations' tasks
- Ability to integrate into various APIs to create a cohesive platform.
- Experience with continuous deployment best practices
- Extensive experience with Linux
- Experience with Linux distributions, and willing to learn other flavours of Linux.
- Experience in package management (building, maintaining, etc.)
- Knowledge of performance tuning with Linux
- Standard internet services like DNS/HTTP
- Handling containerized systems
- An Understanding of Email platforms
- RBL, DKIM, DMARC
- SMTP, IMAP, POP3
Nice to have skills and knowledge
- Message Queues such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Handling Distributed DBs like Cassandra
- Handling Custom Applications in Python and various web Frameworks.