Systems Engineer will utilize his/her superior knowledge of various IT Technologies to support multiple business units in their daily activities. The ideal candidate should have a passion for delivering technology solutions, as well as experienceworking within complex, enterprise environments. Proficiency in Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory and Office 365 is a must.
The Travel Leaders Center IT Team is committed to providing outstanding support to our team members to ensure continued growth opportunities, and access to extraordinary tools and technology. Our corporate culture encourages leaders at all levels to think independently, make decisions autonomously, and inspire passion in all aspects of our work.
Systems Engineer will focus on managing various computer systems and technologies. The candidate will be a part of a highly skilled team of IT professionals, who are committed to delivering exceptional IT support services to our clients. The candidate can expect to provide support during normal business hours as well as after hours, including weekends and holidays. This position assumes a high degree of independent thinking and the ability to deliver functional solutions within established guidelines.
- Maintain a robust Exchange 2010/Office 365 hybrid environment with over 5000 mailboxes and 80+ unique email domains.
- Manage an ongoing project to migrate mailboxes from Exchange onsite to Office 365.
- Manage physical and virtual server infrastructure. Maintain operational stability by providing necessary administration oversight for various Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- Administer and manage SAN and NAS platforms while maintaining highly available and reliable data storage environment
- Manage an existing and build future cloud based platforms (Azure and AWS). Provide assistance in platform migration activities.
- Perform capacity planning on physical and virtual server environments and provide suggestions on future system state and functionality
- Manage and maintain Active Directory and all its components such as Domain Trusts, DFS, DNS, DHCP and GPO’s.
- Maintain computer systems and AD security. Research, recommend and implement new safeguards to ensure highest level of security possible.
- Review technical and business requirements for integrating new acquisitions and lead technical discussions that drive decisions and implementation.
- Manage load balancers (NetScaler) while maintaining highly secure and reliable access to multiple web sites and other computer resources
- Participate in complex problem resolution. Work withinternal IT team, developers, contractors and third-party support personnel in identifying and resolving systems, applications and connectivity issues
- Bachelordegree or equivalent business/industry training and on the job experience
- Five or more years working in a business environment in supporting physical and virtual server infrastructure.
- Knowledge of MSWindows Server 2008-2016 is a must, knowledge of VMWare version 5.5-6.5 is a must. Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V is highly desirable
- Expert knowledge on various Microsoft products such as MS Exchange (2010-2016), Office 365, Active Directory, SCCM, SharePoint
- Excellent knowledge of data backup and recovery tools (Veeam, Backup Exec and Net Backup)
- Solid knowledge of operation management, systems security and databases
- Solid knowledge of various cloud platforms and technologies, Azure and AWS is preferred
- Experience in performing large scale migrations from on-site to cloud platforms
- Ability to work varying hours; early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- In-depth hands-on experience implementing databases using industry best practices for end user applications
- Effective written and verbal skills. Ability to communicate with IT and non-IT personnel
- Ability to travel to various domestic and international locations
Additional Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, including enterprise or hosting provider services SaaS, PaaS and IaaS Solutions
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server / Azure Team Services
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations
- Experience with PowerShell, PowerShell Workflow and troubleshooting PowerShell ISE
- Knowledge of IT securityrisks
- Service Management Automation (SMA) and/or Windows Azure Stack
- Microsoft System Center (VMM, OM, SM, Orchestrator)
- Identity Management (Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Identity Manager/FIM)