Systems Engineer–Position located in Hickory, NC (No Sponsorships)
Want to work with a company that has grown by 150% over the past few years with a global presence, world class culture and development and over 15years industry experience?Transportation Insight is a multi-modal, global lead logistics provider with more than $4.6 billion in supply chain spend under management.
Located in Hickory, NC near Charlotte, NC and with over 50 client support offices across the United States, Transportation Insight is looking for an eager, hungry individual to join a constantly growing team. Great compensation package!! See description below and apply !!
JOB DESCRIPTION: The SystemsEngineer is responsible for the planning and engineering of Transportation Insight systems infrastructure. The duties include the implementation and design of hardware and software solutions to support the business directives and monitoring the performance of systems and applications. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others.
SCOPE: The System Engineer II will be responsible for networkoperations across multiple locations including server platforms in off-site co-location facilities
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Manage email servers (Exchange)
- Manage Vmware Infrastructure
- Manage Hyper-V Infrastructure
- Manage Active Directory
- Manage VPN, firewalls and networksecurity.
- Manage Storage (SAN and SCSI attached)
- Maintain disaster recovery plan
- Perform backups and recovery
- Maintain desktop software – installing, upgrading, patching
- Maintain configure, design, and implement current and future networkinfrastructure
- Maintain servers and supporting equipment in co-location facilities (some travel will be required)
- Monitor and optimize performance of servers
- Maintain documentation of servers and networking equipment
ABILITY TO:Design/Architect robust enterprise ready platforms based on business requirements Think creatively within the context of a team environment to push the boundaries of technology to meet organizational needs
DETAILED KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Exchange messaging platform 2007/2010/2013
- SharePoint2010 design and administration
- HyperV, Vmware vSphere 5.0 + including vCenter
- Experience with VOIP systems in both on premise and cloud based deployment
- Strong knowledge of Windows2003/2008/2012 server environment and Active Directory, design, implementation, administration and troubleshooting.
- Linux experience including Ubuntu, and CentOS
- Detailed understanding of Active Directory, DNS architecture and administration
- SAN networks based on both iSCSI and Fiber Channel fabric
- Networking and routing using Cisco Nexus, and HP ComWare
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates/incumbents must possess the desire to work in a fast paced highly rewarding environment that may require extended work hours including weekends and holidays.
- 4 yeardegree in a relevant discipline or 6+ years hands on experience in enterprise environments. MCSE and/or CCNA certification is a plus
Transportation Insight is a multi-modal, global lead logistics provider with more than $4.6 billion in supply chain spend under management. For more than 15years, the 3PL has partnered with hundreds of manufacturers, distributors and retailers to achieve significant cost savings, reduce cycle times and improve customer satisfaction rates by providing customized supply chain solutions. Transportation Insight offers a Co-managed Logistics® form of 3PL, carrier sourcing, freight bill audit and payment services, state-of-the-art transportation management system (TMS) applications and business intelligence. Its logistics services include domestic transportation, parcel shipping solutions, supply chain analytics, international transportation, warehouse sourcing, LEAN consulting and supply chain sourcing of indirect materials. Headquartered in Hickory, NC, Transportation Insight has secondary operating centers in Atlanta, GA, Bentonville, AR, Boston, MA, Charlotte, NC, Omaha, NE and Salt Lake City, UT, as well as more than 50 client support offices across North America.