The Systems Engineering role will be involved in various complex aspects of physical and cloud hosted data center infrastructuresupport. The ideal candidate should be proficient in implementing and supporting the following technology categories: network, compute, storage, middleware, database, and a large emphasis on telephony. As a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer at Televerde, you will be tasked with advising on our technology roadmap and assist in operationalizing and supporting all aspects of our technology stack.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist in the design, implementation, and support of a mix of physical and virtual infrastructure to support Televerde’s global footprint.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents and assist in the problem management and root cause analysis for preventative measures.
- Collaborate with vendors on infrastructure designs to ensure the final product is what was architected or designed.
- Independently plans and develops complex engineering designs in support of the implementation of network, compute, telephony, platform, middleware and database solutions.
- Execute the detailed infrastructure design of larger and/or more complex internal projects collaborating with IT stakeholders, service owners and partners.
- Participate in software and hardware licensing, financial and capacity activities that plan for the most efficient way to introduce and maintain datacenter and cloud technology within the environment.
- Provide operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
- Provide direction and assistance to less experienced team members as needed.
- Drive project deliverables on infrastructure improvements.
- Help to drive architectural improvements and standardization for the infrastructure environments, defines enhanced automated processes to release new solutions into the target environments in a timely, repeatable fashion
- Assist in the design and deployment of IT infrastructure and protection strategies to support client technical business plans.
- Act as technical escalation point for Service Desk and Project Engineers.
Education and Experience
- 8 or more years of experience in a diverse and senior level technical role.
- Strong proficiency in server and appliance virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products (Active Directory, Windows Server, Windows 10, MS Office, Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange, RDS).
- Working knowledge and experience implementing and supporting multi-site networks, which includes QoS/packet shaping, Firewalls, VPNs and VLAN configurations. (Cisco, Meraki, Ubiquiti)
- Hands-on experience managing cloud (Azure or AWS) and traditional data-center environments.
- Experience supporting and implementing VOIP telephony solutions in a 250+ end-user environment.
- Previous experience as a IT solutions architect in a consultancy role are desired.
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in information technology or computer sciences.
- Preferred Certifications: MCSE, VCP, CCNA, ITIL.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High-energy team player with a positive attitude under pressure
- Ability to effectively express (through writing or spoken word) ideas and information to internal and external stakeholders using language that is appropriate to both the complexity of the topic and the knowledge and understanding of the audience
- Ability to build strong relationships, gaining credibility and partnering with clients, internal customers, business leaders and peers
- Strong process and process-improvement orientation.
- Ability to organize, prioritize or schedule multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; ability to develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability.
- Proficient in Windows environment management and administration, including Desktop and Server operating systems.
- Skilled in use of computer software application programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with process-oriented IT management systems such as ITIL, MS Operations Framework or ISO 20000.
- Familiar with governance, risk management, and security frameworks such as COBIT. CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP certifications.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This position is located in Televerde’s Corporate Office. This position requires constant communication and interaction with all parties involved with customer campaigns by phone and in person. Some out of state travel may be necessary.
- Essential physical requirements of this job include:
- Ability to move wrists, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive motion.
- Ability to continuously stand, walk, reach, kneel, bend, stoop, push/pull, and sit.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Communicating effectively with employees, vendors, and clients.
- Continuously working at a desk and computer