Systems Engineer Technical Specialist
Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with otherengineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
Requires 10 to 12years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- BS Degree must be in systems, electrical, network or computer engineering or equivalent experience
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP) for manager position
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a project management support function
- Minimum 10 years expereince in requirements development and documentation
- Minimum 5 years expereince in managing a data center
- Expereince in operational/system test and evaluation planning and execution
- Expertise in the use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Experience in quality control practices
- Experience in quality assurance practices
- Experience in configuration management practices
- TS/SCI with Poly required
Job ID 2016-43866