Business Group Highlights Intelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions. Responsibilities
The Lead Data Modeler serves as the Subject Matter Expert and technical lead for the development, profiling and application of GEOINT data content standards. Organize, lead and monitor technical tasks and provide input to issue resolutions. Lead engagement with the customer to collect requirements, organize work priorities and manage project deliverables. Engage with multiple team members, organizations and disciplines to explore complex concepts and processes and develop and coordinate candidate solutions. Daily responsibilities to include:
- Standards Development - develop new or updated standards documents
- Standards Content Development - work with users to understand their requirements; develop solutions to Content Development Requests (and identify and develop solutions for internal modeling improvements; and monitor ISO, OGC, IC DES, etc standards that are implemented and integrated & make updates accordingly); implement solutions to result in updated content baselines of standards. Maintain the software required to generate content baselines (e.g., VBA, ShapeChange) and work with software specialists when necessary to identify updates or changes.
- Standards Content Profiles - work with users to understand their requirements and implementations; help develop profiles and implementation which may involve software maintenance or configuration
- Process Improvements and Documentation - identify and implement process improvements (e.g., creating automated QA/QC checks) and new technologies (e.g., new NAS JSON-Schema technical artifact); maintain or develop documentation for both internal team and users (e.g., SOPs, User Guides)
- Web Presence - Coordinate on the Web Presence of the Standards; ensure successful deployments of content updates (communicate on any impacts such as schema changes); communicate any new requirements or requested improvements
- Governance and Program Support - Configuration management and professional engagement with various participating organizations
- Community Support/Outreach - conduct outreach activities to promulgate standards use; answering user questions; supporting requests such as questions on standards conformance and methodology applications
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on development of GEOINT standards with the objective of facilitating compliance and interoperability through integration of NSG & ASG requirements while reducing technical and schedule risk associated with Data, Metadata, and Ontology standards.
- Ensure current and future GEOINT standards satisfy capability requirements at the program and strategic level across NGA, U.S. national organizations (NSG), and international partners (ASG).
- Develop capability-based standards profiles and reference architectures to enable search, discovery, access, retrieval, integrated intelligence, and advanced analytics.
- Guide & support Senior, Mid and Junior level personnel in Data Modeling, standards development, and application of GEOINT data models.
- Recommends new technology to senior leadership.
- Active TS/SCI clearance or eligible to obtain this clearance or eligible to obtain this clearance
- Master's degree plus 10 years of experience, Bachelor's degree plus 12 year experience, Associates degree plus 14 years' experience, or a minimum of 15 years' experience, in relevant field. Specific position qualifications can be applied in lieu of years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or scientific fields such as Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Perform as a data modeling/data architecture SME.
- Able to develop, describe & apply complex concepts & processes.
- Perform multiple tasks at specialist level in a leadership role.
- Lead and manage multiple Junior/Mid-level personnel to achieve project objectives.
- Evaluate & recommend new technology & processes based upon cost, risk, and mission.
- Able to develop & use complex concepts & processes that span multiple organizations and disciplines.
- Have expert-level working experience in a data modeling, data analytics and/or data science field of work.
- Have at least five (5) years demonstrated experience with the following or analogous skills:
- Basic concepts of Unified Modeling Language (UML) Class Diagrams, object-based modeling concepts, and logical data models.
- Familiar with XML, XML schema, and SQL.
- Design, development, presentation, and analysis of a domain based logical data model.
- Decomposition of object-based logical models in order to understand data requirements.
- Develop, maintaining and/or enhancing Logical Theories and formal Ontologies to include information resources such as Resource Description Framework (RDF) and Web Ontology Language (OWL).
- Have familiarity with the major varieties of JSON (JSON-LD, GeoJSON, JSON-B, etc.).
- Have familiarity with Simple Knowledge Organization System (SKOS)
- UML (class diagrams); OCL a plus
- GML, XML or XSD
- JSON, JSON-Schema or similar (JSON-LD, GeoJSON)
- OWL, SKOS, and/or RDF
- Experienced using data and system modeling tools such as Sparx Enterprise Architect
- MS Access
- Microsoft Visual Basic (VBA) programming
- Logical data modeling and/or data architecture experience; experience with ontologies, taxonomies, vocabularies, thesauri a plus
- Java experience a plus but not required
- Attention to detail & organized
- Eager to learn new technologies and skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Familiar with software development, database and cloud computing in the development and application of models, databases, and ontologies.
For Colorado Residents
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires employers in the state of Colorado to disclose the following information. If the position applied to is not located in Colorado, the following information may not apply.Salary Minimum: $93,870.40 Salary Maximum:$200,678.40 The base salary range above represents the low and high end of the Perspecta salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Perspecta's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Perspecta provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). About Perspecta
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).