The Peraton facility located in Princess Anne, MD is actively seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Engineering team delivering world class solutions to a variety of DOD institutions. This position directly reports to the Princess Anne Technical Operations Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates with engineering, production, operations, quality, and other departments to develop, implement, and maintain standard engineering and operations policies and standards across multiple suborbital rocket contracts.
- Manage the facility risk management process.
- Interface with internal and external customers.
- Negotiate with customers to convert customer needs into system requirements and then manage requirements throughout the mission lifecycle.
- Chair or act as panel member in milestone reviews such as Design Reviews or Pre-Ship reviews.
- Work closely with technical operations group to oversee lessons learned program.
- May be required to act as Technical Lead, Mission Manager, or Project Manager for suborbital rocket missions or programs.
- Lead teams of multi-discipline engineers to accomplish a mission
- Contribute to fast-paced proposal activities by providing technical writing input and/or coordinating pricing estimates.
- Provide technical expertise to business development group
- Coordinate with Business Development group to analyze existing capabilities and potential markets and recommend future business opportunities.
- Travel will be required for milestone meetings at customer facilities, integration and launch operations, and conferences.
- US Citizen and ability to obtain clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related degree
- With a bachelor’s degree in engineering: 10 years or more in a related systems engineering role or 10 years or more experience in an engineering role
- With an M.S. in Systems Engineering: 8 years’ experience in a systems engineering role plus at least 5 years’ experience in a related engineering role
- Experience with technical risk management
- Independent, dependable, and excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- M.S. in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related topic
- Engineering, systems engineering, or mission management experience with suborbital rockets or other areas of the aerospace industry
- Technical knowledge across a broad variety of disciplines
- Project management experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to analyze existing capabilities and potential markets to help secure new opportunities
- Experience working Department of Defense and/or NASA contract
- Active Security Clearance
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Target Salary Range
$112,000 - $179,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.