Are you excited about Cloud technologies and want to work in a fast-paced environment that is adopting best-of-breed industry technologies to run a SaaS service? You will be responsible for effective provisioning, configuration management, and deployment tooling and procedures while participating in all phases of development with product teams building the service. These activities include the definition of needs, and benefits; research & development within the project lifecycle; technical analysis; and following DevOps mindsets in executing, testing and rolling out solutions.
Some of the things you'll be doing include…
- Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot Infrastructure (IaaS)
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems infrastructure availability
- Write and maintain code/scripts to increase system efficiencies, and lower the need for manual intervention
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Engage in deployment activities, ensuring seamless one step deployment routines
- Test and maintain Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) routines
Who you are…
- Experience with hosting online services in the cloud using AWS or equivalent (Azure, Google Cloud).
- Experience in cloud management and deployment tooling (Terraform and Puppet).
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Bash, Python, Ruby or other scripting languages.
- 1+ years of experience with an online service
- Domain. Understanding of networking (routing and TCP/IP).
- DevOps mindset. You are familiar with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts. You treat operational issues as if they are software problems. You view software as a primary tool to manage, maintain, fix, and extend systems required to support large development environments. You promote operational excellence!
- Automation. You leverage automation, monitoring and data analysis to ensure high availability (HA) for internal services and infrastructure.
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to troubleshoot in order to get to the best solution.
- Educated. BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Highly Technical.
- AWS general knowledge and experience
- Experience with Containers/Docker/Kubernetes
- Monitoring and alerting experience (e.g. New Relic and Cloud Watch)
- Terraform experience
- Configuration management experience (Salt and Puppet)
- Feature flag knowledge is a plus (LaunchDarkly)
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!