Job Description Job Summary:
Analyze, develop, modify, install, test, and maintain, and manage infrastructure components, systems servers, and associated services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Windows Configuration modification planning, and implementation. Implement any non-patch changes to Windows OS and configurations of servers. Plan and implement BIOS and driver updates, of servers.
- Maintain documentation of Windows perfect state configuration, and perfect state configuration exceptions, in an accessible central documentation repository.
- Use tools provided by Enterprise Monitoring for IP address and subnet management. (IPAM)
- Windows Troubleshooting and Support, Incident Tracking, Customer Follow-up, Root Cause Analysis.
- Manage Windows OS and configurations of Windows servers.
- Active Directory, DNS and DHCP management.
- Work with Infrastructure Management's Virtualization Engineers to deploy or decommission virtual servers, using standard procedures, in response to requests.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Server (2003 through 2016 preferred, 2008 R2 through 2012 R2 required.)
- Some experience with at least one other infrastructure technology preferred (Linux or Novell servers, Hitachi enterprise storage, VMware, Citrix, Cisco VoIP, F5, CheckPoint VPN).
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.ShiftFirstAlternate LocationMinimum RequirementsPreferred
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
Additional Information Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
Minimum Experience: 5 years of IT work experience in systems administration and programming.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of multiple server operating systems (i.e., Microsoft Active Directory, Linux/Unix, etc.).
- Knowledge of multiple network infrastructure software systems (i.e., Novell eDirectory, Netware, VMWare etc.).
- Working knowledge of performance monitors and debugger tools.
- Solid understanding of networking, including the principles of network routing and client/server programming.
- Ability to solve problems independently, quickly, and completely and to communicate them clearly to management.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to assist with network and application troubleshooting; provide technical consulting support.