We're seeking Systems Administrator to join the team responsible for keeping our systems and data secure. This is a hands-on position responsible for conducting security scans and remediations, detecting and responding to security events, performing compliance activities, keeping documentation up-to-date, and in general developing solutions to improve the security of our systems.
- Provision, administer and maintain a variety of systems hosted on AWS.
- Participate in our efforts towards periodic/frequent security scanning (including vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits) and timely remediation of vulnerabilities).
- Monitor our systems for security events and investigate/respond as appropriate.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures) under the direction of the Director of Engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or an Engineering related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with monitoring for security events, evaluating and responding where appropriate.
- Strong understanding of Linux operating systems.
- Diligence in producing and maintaining documentation and evidence, especially for compliance activities.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Able to interact professionally with customers.
- Relevant Security certification(s) such as: CISSP, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security, and CCNP: Security.
- Experience with the AWS Cloud, specifically network configuration, security groups, IAM, etc.
- Having participated in the successful attainment in ISO 27001 certification, preferably at a Software-as-a-Service product company.
- Having participated in the successful attainment of FedRAMP certification at your company.
- Working knowledge of vulnerability scanning tools and techniques, and experience with a wide variety of vulnerability remediations, especially in a public cloud hosted environment.