Criterion Systems is seeking a mission-focused Systems Engineer, Subject Matter Expert to support and contribute to our government customer’s success in Herndon, VA. The individual in this position must be a motivated team player that strives for professional and technical excellence in collaborating with infrastructure engineers and administrators to maintain and enhance secure systems using cloud computing services and tools.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deploy various open source packages and/or application stacks into the customer's production system.
- Integrate open source frameworks and products into the production environment.
- Work across different layers of the lT infrastructure (e.g., network, storage, platform, database, and application).
- Providing Tier-3 SME troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis on production incidents.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must have 16 years or more of related experience.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with poly clearance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AWS to include EC2, EBS, 53, Glacier, DynamoDB, lAM, RDS, ElasticCache, Lambda, ECS, VPC, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Direct Connect, SQS, SNS, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with automated provisioning technologies or methods such as AWS CloudFormation, Chef, or AWS bootstrapping via cloud-init scripts.
- Demonstrated on-the-job operational and analytical experience, and excellent understanding of the development of baselines for middleware platforms that can support both on premise and cloud-based AWS environments.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of underlying storage for Linux (LVM), storage network protocols (e.g. NAS, NFS, CIFS, etc.), and clustered or pooled virtualization concepts from leading platforms (e.g., XenServer, HyperV, VMware, etc.).
- Demonstrated strong understanding of proactive monitoring concepts, including experience configuring and deploying Network and systems monitoring, SNMP (e.g., Ganglia, Nagios, Zenoss).
- Knowledge with migration of applications and deployment of physical and virtual servers, deployment, configuration, and maintenance of server environments.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of information security practices (e.g., cryptography, privilege separation, RBAC, INFOSEC, Auditing, Patching, Security Benchmark Compliance, OS hardening).
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge with the LINUX operating systems (e.g., RedHat, CentOS).