The Systems Engineer will analyze the organization and digital business operations in order to develop solutions using the best available technology to support Crown Media as it relates to the delivery of digital content. Identify the features, advantages, and disadvantages of various technologies. Participate in project proposals, planning, estimates, buy vs build decisions, and statements of work.
You will review, analyze, create and modify programming systems including coding, testing, scaling, debugging, supporting , and installing to support the organization's business objectives. Requires familiarity with digital media, concepts, practices, and procedures. Identify and prototype best practices.
Provide support and training, write technical specifications, and coordinate and supervise vendors on development projects, such as mobile applications.
- Coordinates with clients to define problems, create level of effort estimates, reporting
requirements, and then lead the analysis to develop enterprise solutions based on the business
- Engineer and construct websites and business application software
- Participate in testing and verification efforts for production releases, executing software unit
test plans and verifying business User Acceptance Testing
- Provide guidance and direction to other junior members of the team
- Remain current with technology trends and new products; attend training, review technical
publications, and maintain relationships with associations and trade groups
- Experienceworking with3 rd party APIs, REST
- Experience with information technologies (IT) concepts including client/server applications,
databases, web server configuration, and cross-browser development.
- 1year?s experience building websites or applications using modern responsive frameworks and tools such as bootstrap, foundation, Node, Angular, React, jQuery
- 1year?s experienceworking with Analytics
- Experience with some version control product, such as GIT or TFS (Team Foundation Server), Source Safe, or SVN.
- Bachelordegree in Information Systems or Computer Science
- 1-2years?experienceworking with Authentication or Digital Rights Management
- 1-2years?experience with Content Management Systems
- Amazon Web Services experience or experience with video players and CDNs
- Knowledge of HLS and other streaming protocols
- SQL Server and/or IIS administration and configuration
- Experience building and administering websites and/or mobile applications
- Entertainment industry or digital media software engineeringexperience
- Experience with mobile ad technology and vendors
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
Job Type: Full-time
- AWS or similar: 1year
- Responsive frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, or similar): 1year