Under general supervision, the Systems Engineer is responsible for handling the configuration/administration of systems across Stifel. Systems would include, but not limited to a single server to a full server farm. This position requires a good understand of machine/server architecture both physical and virtual.
- Follow Stifel build standards & procedures when setting up environments.
- Exercise one’s ability to take a project from the beginning and seeing it through to production.
- Responsible for the administrative needs of Stifel Servers.
- Responsible for laying out quality server build architecture and being able to understand/trouble shoot faulty architecture.
- Able to administer virtual environments effectively and have a good understanding of why to virtual an environment as well as when to use a virtual environment.
- Have a good understanding of storage administration. As products are built and configured, part of understanding a product is figuring out how much storage is need as well as what kind of access to that storage is needed for optimum IO.
- Responsible for having a good handle on system architecture that a server environment has a solid ecosystem.
- Continue to stay on top of the latest technologies and see how they can be applied to Stifel’s needs throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.)
- Solid understanding og Active Directory and how it relates to the servers/systems
- Understanding of DNS, standard TCP/IP, and subletting with a solid foundation of the Microsoft Server platforms (2008, 2012, & 2016).
- Knowledge of server operating systems, VMware, and Storage.
- Solid understanding of load balancing and experience with load testing environments.
- Understanding of Backup infrastructure.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Information Sciences or equivalent experience.
Minimum Required: 3+ years’ experience of system administration which would include but not limited to great working knowledge of IIS, Tomcat, physical and virtual environments.
SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Micrsoft Office Suite