Role and Responsibilities
This is a client/customer facing role which requires candidate to work on both strategic long term and short term plans and projects. Candidate will need to build strong relationships with carriers on various levels to acquire through knowledge about carrier's requirements and communicating them back to HQ. Candidate will need to understand new technologies and will need to present new technologies to non-technical people as well as developers. Candidate will need to provide technical support to customer and Samsung's sales and account teams. Candidate will lead interface for all carrier/customer interactions related to feature lockdown and compliance.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned. In this position, either directly or through others, the incumbent will:
▪ Review and understand customer requirements and articulate them clearly back to R&D and internal teams.
▪ Lead interface for all carrier interactions, coordinating and driving customer meetings, communications and reports with both carrier and HQ.
▪ Build strong and positive relationships with carriers and leverage it for requirements negotiations and Samsung's business need.
▪ Constantly communicate with HQ, Dispatchers and Business teams to understand Samsung strategy and long term interests. Based on Samsung's strategic plan and leveraging your own initiative/relationship with the customer, proactively negotiate and drive closure on carrier compliance related gaps/issues.
▪ Execute strong risk management practices on all projects for your carrier – start with lessons from previous mistakes and ensure no recurrence, then what new risks come with new device and plan risk avoidance or remediation.
▪ Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies and apply technical information to analyze and develop current and future products. Prepare reports, compile and analyze data, and engineer information for the effective communication of processes, results, plans, recommendations and conclusions.
▪ Manage new technology trials.
▪ Perform complex systems testing, verification and work to resolve issues related to supported products.
▪ Generate problem reports and ensure satisfactory resolution of all problems.
▪ Interface with software and hardware design groups and provide assistance for their activities of debugging and resolution.
▪ Above all else, it is critical to ensure project success by anticipating issues and preventing them from occurring; or dealing with the issues that do arise in as effective and quick a way as possible. Know what Samsung wants, and drive relentlessly for that. Given this is a senior position – the right candidate will step up in difficult situations and drive solutions across internal teams and the customer.
(Minimum qualifications required to perform this job)
▪ Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred with business or program management focus.
▪ 4+ years of experience in program management of consumer electronics or software development projects with 10+ years overall experience in the telecommunications or software development engineering
Experience must include :
▪ Ability to read, write, interpret, provide critical review and act on a very high level and full understanding of technical requirement documents, engineering test manuals, standards and specifications, materials, customer applications and related documents.
▪ Wireless network system architecture, 5G Platform/ecosystem, platform security, enterprise mobile solutions, cloud computing, DRM, FOTA, Network protocols, VoLTE, SMS, MMS, IOT, HDMI, HDCP, DLNA, and Power management.
▪ Experience in delivering integrated and tested software for CDMA/LTE mobile handsets.
▪ Experience in wireless carrier based testing for US operator requirements and mobile devices.
▪ Experience using LTE, CDMA, EVDO, UMTS, and GSM in wireless network systems.
▪ Experience working with VoLTE handset features and applications including SMS, EMS, Multimedia, data, or MIP.
▪ Experience performing embedded and UI software tests on mobile handsets.
Necessary Skills/Attributes :
▪ MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
▪ PC and UNIX workstation experience in a LAN/WAN systems environment.
▪ Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other engineering and technical support personnel.
▪ Ability to manage, plan, organize, and prioritize multiple engineering support assignments and projects.
▪ Demonstrated high competency level in communication of technical information.
▪ Ability to communicate, through email and reports, or orally, complex technical matters to an audience of equal or higher level technical competency.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions: The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
▪ Work is generally performed in an office desk or lab environment.
▪ Requires considerable movement and transportation of equipment or samples with a high security mentality
▪ Performs work under time schedules which are normally periodic or cyclical and include: time sensitive job stress, fatigue, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and product management stress.
▪ Highly ethical personality preferred to handle unpublished samples and equipment. (Requires not to disclose all information and knowledge to public)
▪ Operate a computer keyboard and view a display terminal for more than 40% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
▪ Perform reliability tests by operating small model devices for more than 50% of work time.
▪ Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
▪ Require business trips for short terms and long terms; short terms from 1 day to 2 weeks and long terms up to more than a month.