Job Description :
This member of the Systems Engineering & Integration team provides system engineering solutions for technical problems of varying scope and complexity.
The candidate is a project manager responsible for performing specific technical systems engineering tasks, including, but not limited to: new system installations, system change identification and planning, coordination of engineering change requests, change board presentations, engineering change process, and baseline management.
The candidate will participate in design reviews to assess compliance with program requirements; provide project plans and milestone schedule updates throughout the integration to ensure requirement objectives are fully satisfied.
The candidate must ensure teams coordinate preparation and closure of design review, acquisition and installation activities with IPTs following customer defined integration standards.
The candidate works directly with the customer in most aspects of day to day activities and has a direct influence in decision making process for risk identification and development of mitigation strategies, metrics and requirements definition.
The candidate must understand the site and enterprise to address issues with other segments across the enterprise.
The candidate may produce and review technical documentation, Operating Instructions, Concept of Operations, System Integration Plans and Requests for Change. Some travel may be required.
Working at a customer facility with daily interaction requires effective and accurate exchange of information across a multi-location enterprise, with customer visibility into systems engineering based actions and response.
Engineering problems are both routine and varied and sometimes pose difficult problems requiring breadth in technical scope.
Must be able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, multi contractor team and demonstrate initiative as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
The selected candidate will work as part of a team of systems engineers and system integrators in a multidisciplinary role that may include, but is not limited to:
- Subject matter expert on site processes to actively take the lead and participate in defining & documenting systems engineering processes including evaluation of site engineering practices, and leading/participating in engineering process improvement activities.
- Management and Execution of special technical, engineering and integration projects to include planning, oversight and status reporting; working with customers, stakeholders and SETAs to integrate new systems into the baseline conducting requirements review, RFC review, engineering review boards, operational readiness and transition to operations.
- Technical coordination and execution of tasks that support various engineering areas such as configuration/change management, performance assessment, engineering analysis and system integrations. Resolution of engineering problems and issues as required.
- Strong understanding of the program mission and segment interfaces.
- Analysis of engineering, operational and organizational concepts, requirements, models, architectures, workflows and associated doctrine at the front end of the systems engineering “V”. Translation of end-user/operational needs into formal requirements documentation for mission support tools or mission systems.
- Technical support for system reviews, design reviews and technical exchange meetings during system and concept development activities as required. Assessment of technical specifications, concept of operations, requests for change, transitions to operations, and training plans generated during system acquisition and deployment.
Applicants must have current (on contract today) experience on either the Double Eagle I or Triton program.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.