A prominent, data based global technology firm is currently seeking a Systems Engineer SRE to join their team in New York. This tech company has multiple focuses, the main one being the creation of one of the world?s most widely utilized financial software applications. In this role you will work in a small, dynamic team with some of New York City?s top engineers, to solve very unique, large scale challenges. Their systems are very large and highly distributed, and engineers are always looking for creative solutions to solve problems, including employing a variety of modern programming languages, open source and big data technologies, as well as Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
Not only can you grow professionally in this company but they have an excellent engineering culture, work/life balance, and great benefits. The company is also very philanthropic; many employees give back to the community and the company also donates a significant portion of their profits to philanthropy. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for the next step in their career and for a work place they can call home.
This role is a hybrid of systems and software engineering who will improve the stability and availability of the production environment through automation. You'll be responsible for monitoring, provisioning, configuration management, orchestration, capacity planning, deployment and rollback, incident management, and systems development life cycle practices. You will join a group that manages a large and diverse fleet of Linux, Windows, Solaris, and AIX servers, as well as numerous appliance devices scattered across the globe. You'll work with modern open-source tooling while maintaining mission-critical systems hosting a wide array of applications.
- Demonstrated experience programming and testing Python, Ruby, Go, or C/C++
- Advanced understanding of fundamental operating system concepts including initialization, process and memory management, storage systems, and networking
- Proficiency in writing RESTful API services within the infrastructure engineering realm
- Experience working in a 24/7production engineering organization
- Deep expertise troubleshooting complex distributed systems
- Experience with creating and improving documented procedures and/or playbooks
- Working knowledge of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Salt
- Familiarity with open-source configuration, orchestration, and CI/CD tools