Job Description :
The candidate will apply human performance principles, methodologies, and technologies to the design of human-machine software systems and products.
Duties involve human engineering requirements development and interpretation, software design support, human engineering analysis (including task analysis), human-in-the-loop evaluations (including usability testing and workload analysis), as well as providing support to test and verification activities.
The candidate will work with other engineering disciplines to design and develop graphics and menus that work within a larger system architecture, typically in aircraft flight displays or other crew mission stations.
Duties may also include maintainability assessments, test plan creation, and Crew Station Design and layout in physical and/or electronic mockups, simulations and air vehicles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or closely related field
- Human Factors Engineering practitioner who has experience with designing and conducting usability tests and task analysis
- Strong communication skills with ability to distill large amounts of data/information into clear and concise messages to users and stakeholders
- Experience in aviation industry or Military applications
- Experience with Graphical User Interface Design or Game Design
- Experience with Human Modeling tools or 3D modeling tools
- Experience with Requirements Management Tools such as DOORS