Applicant must possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related scientific discipline plus 10 years relevant work experience. Degree(s) must be in engineering, computer science, mathematics or a related discipline. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 15years of applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted based on education, or highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience using Adobe Professional, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have an understanding of USAF depot inspection and repair processes
- Desired: KC-135/KC-10 aircraft system knowledge
- Desired: Boeing 767 structural knowledge
- Desired: Secret Security Clearance
- Alion Science and Technology is seeking a Systems Engineer to plan the production and maintenance processes and procedures of a variety of complex aircraft components and systems depot maintenance for KC-46 aircraft. Applicant determines conditions under which inspection and test tasks are to be conducted. Applicant will analyze information for depot maintenance engineering requirements; provide aircraft systems expertise for engineering evaluation and resolution; and develop technical reports associated with depot maintenance inspection and repair activities.
- Applicant will support senior technical level personnel and program managers in the planning, oversight, and execution of complex processes related to system and technical product development and will provide technical guidance and mentoring to lower level technical staff.
- Applies advanced technical concepts, techniques, and procedures to support project teams in the development of technical processes. Performs complex engineering analysis, evaluation, planning, testing and operation in support of depot-level system development.
- Carries out complex assignments requiring the improvement of current techniques and procedures.
- Analyzes technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics, and related reports to validateengineering requirements. Assists in the development of policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control for engineering and maintenance processes.
- Supervises and reviews activities of staff, scheduling, and assigning work to meet program/project completion dates. Works closely with senior customer personnel in providing solutions to complex problems and recommendations on technical issues.
- Educates and advises more junior technical staff members in the technical aspects of their efforts.
- Prepares and reviews input to major technical reports, status reports, letters, technical memoranda, contractreports and formal briefings.
- Complies with applicable quality and security procedures in the performance of duties
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.