The System Engineer is part of the Sales/Support team and contributes directly to the success of the organization, where he/she provides a high level of direct technical support to key customers and Account Managers within an assigned geographical region and account(s). This position is responsible for Spirent's Wireless Protocol and Location Test Solutions.
The successful candidate will provide the highest technical and professional capabilities and be recognized as a technical reference and resource by the customers. The fast paced, technical nature of this role offers a challenging and dynamic environment within which one can enhance their technical and business development experience and grow in their career.
The Systems Engineer (SE) has two main roles: Pre-sales and Post-sales technical support. In the pre-sales technical support role, the SE works with the sales team to help identify opportunities and secure orders for Spirent lab-based Wireless Test Solutions. This includes working with customers to determine their requirements, answering detailed technical questions, presenting product solutions and roadmaps relative to customer requirements, providing product demonstrations and presentations in-person and via WebEx, and supporting customer evaluations of the products. The SE is expected to understand the competitive landscape and effectively communicate Spirent's features and benefits to the customer in a competitive situation. The SE is also required to gather competitive information and provide input regarding market trends and long-term customer needs to Product Management and Development organizations.
In the post-sales role, the Systems Engineer serves as a subject matter expert to the customer and assists them in the use of the products including: system installation, product and technology training, best practices, issue debug and root cause analysis.
Spirent is its employees. Finding the flexible path to help you realize your passion and ambition is central to our success as a global leader in test and measurement. At Spirent we work together to find the right route to develop your skills and experience, nurturing your curious spirit to find new solutions for our customers and extend your own knowledge. We help you push the boundaries in a culture that gives you the freedom to innovate. Working at the frontiers of next generation technologies opens up new opportunities all the time. And of course life outside work changes too. So we make sure your career path flexes to keep you going in the right direction and at the right speed. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
- Support the sales team as technical subject matter expert on all wireless protocol and Location test products to understand customer's technical requirements and apply these solutions to customer's use cases.
- Work closely with all commercial customers, including those in the following markets: chipset and device OEMs, network equipment manufacturers, wireless service providers, and test labs.
- Present Spirent wireless test solutions to customers, assist in developing sales strategy with sales managers, and manage specific product initiatives as defined with management.
- Written, and verbal communication (on-site and remote) with customers and end-users during the buying and evaluation process.
- Coordinate and deliver product demonstrations.
- Coordinate, stage, support, and track product evaluations.
- Assist sales with solution configuration, quote generation and presentation.
- Provide feedback to Product Management on customer requirements/feature requests.
- Perform initial system installation and user training (product and technology) at customer site.
- Provide deep product technical support and timely resolution of reported issues post sale.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering - ideally with a wireless communications and Telecom focus. 4 years work experience or Master's degree + 2 years experience.
Solid understanding of wireless communication (Cellular, Wi-Fi)
- Problem solving skills - ability to assess problems and identify solutions.
- Strong listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Able to explain and present complex concepts and procedures clearly.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to work with sales and cross-functional teams to support customers.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel (up to 40% travel) throughout the Americas, including Canada and Latin American countries.
- Experience with wireless test equipment.
- Experience in design, testing, or support of products that incorporate wireless technology.
- Experience/exposure to scripting and/or programming.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering - ideally with a wireless communications and Telecom focus and 2 years work experience.
- Deep understanding of cellular communications protocols.
- Understanding of global navigation satellite system(GNSS).
- Programming and/or scripting (C, Python, etc.).
- Experience in Technical Sales Support.