Systems Engineer - Service Provider Accounts
Spirent is currently looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to cover Service Provider accounts. This individual will be an integral member of Spirent's regional sales team and work closely with many of Spirent's strategic Customers and Industry experts.
Spirent's sales team collaborates with our customers to ensure the deployment of the highest performing equipment and services. Spirent solutions allow service providers, enterprises and equipment manufacturers to thoroughly evaluate device performance and network interoperability prior to deployment. Spirent solutions enhance these network conditions and add Quality of Experience for wireline, wireless and satellite technologies.
Spirent is its employees. Finding the flexible path to help you realize your passion and ambition is central to our success as a global leader in test and measurement. At Spirent we work together to find the right route to develop your skills and experience, nurturing your curious spirit to find new solutions for our customers and extend your own knowledge. We help you push the boundaries in a culture that gives you the freedom to innovate. Working at the frontiers of next generation technologies opens up new opportunities all the time. And of course life outside work changes too. So we make sure your career path flexes to keep you going in the right direction and at the right speed. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
- Provide direct Pre and Post Sales support to Tier 2 and MSO customers.
- Work as part of the Spirent's Sales team to tailor Spirent product presentations and provide technical expertise as required in helping obtain sales objectives.
- Conduct technical demonstrations, proof of concepts and presentations to customers.
- Aid in the discovery and qualification of new opportunities and accounts.
- Establish strong strategic working relationships with assigned clients and understand each client's technical and business needs.
- Identify customer requirements and communicate these requirements/feature requests to Product Marketing.
- Effectively work with internal/external teams to anticipate and qualify customer needs.
- Provide post-sales support and on-going customer training, as required.
- Work with Spirent Support and Engineering teams to help solve customer issues.
- 3 - 5 years technical experience in Telecommunications / Data communications Industry. Recommended focus on predeployment/Labs or operational expertise.
- Self-motivated and independent worker willing to accept challenges.
- Strong verbal, written and customer communication skills.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Strong technical skills in service assurance, mobility, networking, security, applications or network design is desired.
- Technology know-how: IP and Ethernet technologies, Data Center Ethernet, 100/40/10GigEth. Metro Ethernet, VOIP, L4-L7 technologies, ePC/mPC.
- Application level protocol knowledge (HTTP(s), FTP, DNS, TELNET, TCP/IP, Streaming Media).
- Security device knowledge (Firewall, load balancing, IDS, IPS)
- Routing protocol knowledge, both IPv4 and IPv6 including BGP, OSPF, ISIS and MPLS
- Previous Technical Sales/Support/Marketing experience.
- Ability to travel within Southeastern United States (50%+).
- Previous test and measurement experience.
- Network/Security certifications, including CCNA, CCIE, JNCIA and or CISSP are a plus.