Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Peterson AFB - Colorado Springs, CO
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties included but not limited to
- Perform Technical Order (TO) sustainment such as review, edit, verify, and approve changes.
- Develop Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) providing field instructions for sustainment activities such as satellite terminal software updates.
- Coordinate and oversee issuance of new software through the distribution agency for field use.
- Answer terminal system questions to include explaining TO checklist steps.
- Provide expert-level MILSATCOM systems engineering advisory assistance necessary to fully evaluate and assess system alternatives based upon system operational safety, suitability, effectiveness, and interoperability requirements.
- Perform engineering analysis on technical processes to determine process improvements which increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of customer operations.
- Provide engineering analysis and technical advice for the optimization of the operations and sustainment of MILSATCOM terminal systems.
- Provide engineering technical consultation in support of the daily activities associated with MILSATCOM system sustainment.
- Perform system-level and system-of-system (enterprise) level engineering, technical, and logistics analysis to identify sustainment activities/problem areas. Based on these problem areas, perform impact analysis, forecast potential failures, and accomplish trade studies/options with potential to mitigate these problems.
- Perform risk and operational impact analysis, issue and anomaly resolution; system fielding support; develop process improvement procedures; analyze and develop SW and HW requirements and modifications; obtain validation/certification for system modifications; participate in technical working groups; produce sustainment analysis reports and system configurations.
- Formulate information relevant to sustainment objectives and perform engineering analysis and system level assessments of baseline change requests, deficiency reports, problem reports, software releases and hardware modifications for decision support at various meetings and sustainment forums.
- Support studies and analyses of MILSATCOM systems to assess areas such as information integration; system of systems factors; system vulnerability and survivability; system commonality; new technologies; enhancements; commercialization; cost effectiveness; and mission assurance.
- Identify sustainment risks and issues associated with proposed technologies.
- Technical Bachelor's degree
- 10 years of experience related to MILSATCOM sustainment
- Experience with troubleshooting and correcting operational system problems
- Strong written and verbal skills including writing reports and presenting results to customers
- Current Secret Clearance
- Technical Master's degree
- Familiar with Milstar/AEHF user terminals; especially the Air Force Command Post Terminal (AFCPT), Milstar Messaging System (MMS), and the Time Distribution Subsystem Preprocessor (TDSPP)
- Familiar with the eTIMS system for accessing and publishing technical orders
- Experience troubleshooting and correcting satellite terminal system problems
- Familiar with operations, maintenance and sustainment of satellite communications terminals