As aSystems Engineer at SNC, you will have the opportunity tosupport multiple programs across the organization. You willapply a systems engineering approach and methodology to a wide variety of development, integration, analysis, and test/evaluation efforts. You willsupport programs from the early phases of program capture through integration and test. TheSystems Engineer should have a good working knowledge of theassociated engineering disciplines such as software development and integration. Many of our programs follow anagile development/ integration methodology and in those programs, you maysupport as aScrum Master. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are essential to success. You will beresponsible for establishing a backlog of requirements, generation of project plans, test plans, testreports,architecturediagrams and presentations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead the project efforts to interpret customer requirements and decompose them into system requirements and project backlog items.
- Originate technical evaluations, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design, development, and integration activities.
- Lead Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) and other formal and informal engineering discussions with teammates, customers, and external stakeholders.
- Brief customers and internal leadership on technical progress, risks, and alternative courses of action.
- Research, test and evaluate Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) products against customer requirements and use cases.
- Create architecture diagrams
- Research and analyze alternative technologies
- Create technical content for white papers, statements of work, and technical proposals.
- Act as a technical liaison to the Program Manager
- Travel up to 10%.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, and SKILLS:
- Requires a BS in Systems Engineering or related Engineering field.
- 3+ years of related engineering experience.
- Excellent communication skills required in both verbal and written
- Understanding of systems engineering lifecycle, to include requirements analysis, design and integration, and trade studies.
- Experience creating technical reports and presentations
- Knowledge of DoD, DHS, and IC mission, requirements, processes, and systems.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with one or more of the following subject matters and technologies: geospatial intelligence, remote sensing, signal processing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cloud architectures, big data, DevOps.
- Experience working on agile programs.
- Experience working with NGA or other DoD/IC customers.
- Understanding of project management best practices.
- DHS Suitability and Secret clearance