We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join our growing team. The primary functions of the Systems Engineer are troubleshooting and resolving technical issues, analyzing business and support requirements and delivering efficient, quality solutions to meet those requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Director of IT, the Systems Engineer:
- Installs, deploys and maintains hardware, operating systems and software
- Handles all aspects of systems administration, including maintenance of servers, SANS, back-up and restoration procedures and scripting
- Participates in departmental and site-wide engineering projects
- Administers the company's switches and firewalls
- Interacts with developers and business personnel regarding hardware, software, e-mail and network
- Installs new software releases, performs system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in systems administration in a production environment
- Previous Linux and/or Windows System administration and engineering experience, specifically RedHat Linux ES 5 and 6 and Windows 2008 and 2012
- Strong Knowledge and experience in supporting Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Strong knowledge and experience with Storage Area Networks
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud platforms, especially AWS, Citrix XenServer, and VMWare
- Scripting ability (Perl, Bash, Python)
- Well versed in internet architectures, including web, application, and database components such as Apache, Tomcat, MySQL
- Familiarity with continuous deployment methodology and other common DevOps tools
- Experience with load-balancers, switches, and firewalls in a production environment
- Knowledge of security technologies, practice, and protocols.
- Experience with fault tolerant systems including clusters, fail over systems, and RAID storage and volume management.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Superior problem solving skills.
*Position requires candidate to travel occasionally to remote site or perform evening work for system maintenance. After hours, holiday and weekend support on-call 24/7 as scheduled in rotation with other engineers