As a Pre-Sales Systems Engineer, you are an important member of our technical sales team, identifying complex security challenges in your customers’ networks and driving solutions with our market leading security products and services.
You are the technical sales representative of the company and focus on customer satisfaction with all that you do. You and your sales partner own the customer relationship and your goal is to help them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches while safely enabling applications by deploying the full Palo Alto Networks platform so that they can confidently pursue network, cloud, and mobile technology initiatives.
- Understand and effectively present our security platform and solutions
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of Palo Alto Networks products and solutions
- Educate customers and partners on the modern networksecuritylandscape
- Identify and qualify new opportunities and support technical pre-sales activities to opportunity closure
- Expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts
- Enable and leverage channel partners and work successfully in a channel-driven sales model
- Create evaluation test plans with customers and lead the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
- Differentiate from industry technologies and solution
- Assist customers through the support escalation process
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain current technical knowledge, participate in technical communities of interest
- Identify problems in customer environments; effectively engages customers at the technical field and technical management levels
- Effective in customer-facing engagement, and in writing, presentation, and creative problem-solving skills
- Act as the customers’ advocate for issues that require assistance from the HQ Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing)
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and/or solving networkinfrastructuresecurity products
- Extensive domestic travel within the territory is often required, and international travel may be required as necessary
- Experience selling networkinfrastructure-based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Practical experienceworking with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to our appliances
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Knowledge of the following modern datacenter, cloud infrastructure and technology, modern networkthreats and malware, networking forensics, automation and orchestration technologies, Palo Alto Networks certification, other industry certifications is preferred
- Relevant Palo Alto Networks certifications: PCSNE, PSE, ACE, etc.
- Relevant industry certifications: SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc.