Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!See More
Looking for a forward-thinking, energetic, systems engineer to join the Lockheed Martin Oasis development and Training team. Oasis is a simulation toolset used to represent the world's most advance combat systems. The simulation products support a variety of missions or uses, including: software testing, formal system selloff testing, distributed testing requiring the interoperability of multiple assets, and training. Looking for engineers to assist the team in keeping our products on the cutting edge of technology and able to adjust to the evolving requirements of our customers.
Member of the Engineering Staff - Simulator and Training Systems Design Engineer
Systems Engineer will be responsible for performing the following for our test simulation and training system products:
- Working with domain experts and military documentation to interprets requirements, use cases, and sequence diagrams of complex systems
- Analysis, design and generation of computer program requirements
- Development of test plans and procedures
- Verification of requirements implementation through software testing
- System level test at local and remote customer sites
- Documentation of results
- Detailed analysis of problems with recommended solutions
- Conduct briefings at internal (In-depths, Stakeholder reviews and Risk Review Board meetings) and external (Program Reviews) events
- Development of the team's strategic vision
Off-hour and or weekend work may be required. Domestic travel required and international travel may be required. Travel to and support of customer test events, including ship board events, at domestic and international locations may be required.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance is a requirement for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, math, or other related field.
- System engineering experience including requirements analysis, modeling and development.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance is a requirement for this position. Obtaining a security clearance requires US citizenship.
- Experience in requirements modeling, use case development, and requirements management and product line management.
- Familiar with UML/SysML, DOORS, and Rhapsody
- Experience with simulations and simulator tools.
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Demonstrated proficiency developing/executing software test plans and procedures.
Proficient in the use of Unix and Linux
- Familiar with Python, C/C++, MATLAB, and Java
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal direction from manager
- Ability to provide technical oversight and coordination among a project team
- Ability to plan tasks to meet constraints of cost and schedule
- Ability to work with other engineers, whether peers or juniors, in a technical task
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with PC and workstation design tools and environments used for system and subsystem engineering
- Strong customer focus with a proven record of outstanding customer satisfaction
Valid through: 3/3/2021