Job ID: 20836
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT) is seeking a System Engineer to join its talented team in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. SGT, headquartered in Greenbelt, Maryland, is the prime Technical Services Support Contractor (TSSC) to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), providing support in the areas of science, engineering and technical operations at the Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center near Sioux Falls, SD. This Landsat 9 System Engineer position will focus on performing system engineering duties in support of the Landsat 9 Ground System used to perform ground data processing into viewable imagery of Landsat satellite data. The candidate will have experience in satellite communication, thermal and/or operational land imagery instruments, ground processing of satellite data and cloud architectures.
- The Ground System Engineer provides technical support and system engineering for the various Landsat systems and their architecture
- Performs system engineering in the development of Ground System level requirements, concept of operations, interfaces and performance measures
- Performs system analysis of requirements; defines system solutions to integrate and deliver capabilities into the ground system as part of the overall Landsat 9 mission
- Evaluates and defines strategies to integrate cloud technologies and capabilities while minimizing impacts to legacy systems
- Conduct systems engineering activities in accordance with the Landsat Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) including preparing operations concepts, developing and implementing requirements, defining and documenting interface definitions, conducting architecture and trade study analysis, and developing integration plans.
- Support technical activities with other applicable personnel internal and external to the Landsat Project.
- Support USGS Landsat Project Management data calls and scenarios
Other Skills / Requirements:
- DOORS requirements management knowledge
- Change Management experience
- Integration and test experience
- Experience with cloud based architecture e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace Cloud
- Verbal/Presentation Skills: Ability to support project reviews (preliminary and critical design, pre-ship, test and operational readiness), provide briefings upon request, conduct project reviews
- Written skills: Ability to develop and review technical documentation including Requirements, Trade Studies, test plans, procedures, etc.
- Able to evaluate customer needs and translate into technical requirements or engineering activities
- US Citizenship is required due to ITAR requirements
Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering and/or Computer Science
- Minimum of three years of related technical experience
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.