Bowhead seeks a Systems Engineer to act as the Lead in providing technical support to the PM GFEBS contract located at Arlington, VA. The Systems Engineer will provide technical, function and business support and may act as a technical project leader. The Systems Engineer may provide work mentorship and leadership to lower level Systems Engineers and as such must have extensive knowledge of software products, networking tools, process improvement, risk and change management and commercial operational methods. The Senior Systems Engineer must have prior experience in supporting the PM GFEBS contract.
Bowhead is looking to network with experienced professionals for this opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Incumbent employees are encouraged to apply and no applications by 3rd parties will be accepted. Please contact Elizabeth Gunnell at Elizabeth.Gunnell@bowheadsupport.com.
Requirements • A BA/S in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or other related discipline is required at a minimum.
• At least ten (10) years of related experience with at least three (3) years supporting PM GFEBS.
• Must have prior experience with Program Management Office (PMO) support services in the Department of Defense – experience in the Department of the Army is particular preferred.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold and be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.