Description: Belcan Government Services has an immediate opportunity as a Systems Engineer located in Beltsville, MD! This position is a full-time direct position with benefits.
The qualified applicant will become part of Windows Server 2003/2008 environment to support the Department of State (DoS) Enterprise Network Management Operations Center (ENMOC) support unit. The ENMOC operation provides 7x24x365 monitoring and control of the unclassified and classified networks connecting DoS facilities worldwide.
This position requires the candidate to work the following shift schedule: MIDS shift, Sunday-Thursday 11pm-7:30am
• Provides Tier 2 support on a multi-domain structure for global enterprise and remote management of Active Directory Domain Services, domain controllers, DNS, objects in AD, including backup, recovery and restoration of objects.
• Provides daily, close coordination with world-wide customers, other tiers of support and remotes sites.
• Provides technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems.
• Determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Ensures system uptime and stability.
• Provides timely and clear communications
• May require the development of Standing Operating Procedures, conducting informal and formal training sessions and serving as project lead on key technical projects.
• Must hold a current Top Secret Clearance.
• 8-10 years of IT experience, with 2-5 years’ experience in a Windows server and client environment.
• Knowledge of Windows migrations, Active Directory, domain controller monitoring and management.
• Must possess troubleshooting skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Possess strong analytical skills.
• Must possess drive, enthusiasm and attention to detail.
• Must be customer focused and possess the ability to work well in a team environment.
• Bachelor Degree
• Certification Requirements:
• ITIL V3 Foundations Certified
• MCSE or MCSA certified
• Prior experience with Department of State, DoD or other government agency
• Experience with NetIQ AppManager, Security manager and Remedy helpdesk application.
• Knowledge of ITIL processes and service management best practices
• Direct experience with SCCM, SCOM, Citrix, and/or VMware Knowledge