Harris Corporation is seeking a Systems Engineer for the Palm Bay, FL location with significant experience in systems design, program execution, the pursuit and proposal process, and managing multifunctional teams. The ideal candidate is skilled in evaluating the Customer’s needs and objectives, developing high level concepts and capturing key requirements to share with all stakeholders, and able to lead teams through proposal cost and risk evaluations.
This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to mission critical SATCOM Systems solutions that help protect the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a great team of talented professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move with more than five decades of innovative and exceptional performance; we have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
- Ability to navigate and drive ambiguous customer desires and concepts into a defined system architecture with a clear requirement set.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Develop and articulate high level CONOPS and Use Cases from customer information.
- Assist with the development of top level specification and manage requirement flow down to lower level specifications.
- Responsible for providing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Manage risk and opportunity with internal and external customers. Work with technical team to identify, mitigate and close program risks.
- Manage multiple engineering subcontractors through regular interactions, development of technical documentation and coordinating cost review and design review activities.
- Ability to lead a multifunctional engineering team to develop baseline system architecture that meets cost and technical requirements.
- Work multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with Hardware / Software Engineering.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment; interact, anticipate and respond to customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software or Systems Engineering (or similar technical discipline).
- 15+ years of related experience (or 12+ years with a Master’s degree).
- Experience with Government contracting, proposal writing, and acquisition process.
- C4ISR Systems and Operations experience.
- Communications Systems familiarity.
- Requirements managements, traceability, and verification with IBM Rational DOORS
- Knowledge of SATCOM systems, fiber optic media converter systems, data links, RF systems, and Modems.
- Familiarity with enterprise networks to include Data Centers and Management Systems.
- MBA or other business focused degree or training.
- Apply the Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) process and tools