Harris Corporation is seeking a Systems Engineer for the Palm Bay, FL location. This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to mission critical systems solutions that help protect the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a great team of talented professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working together.
- Responsible for providing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Manage engineering subcontractors through regular interactions, development of technical documentation and coordinating design review activities.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Assist with the development of top level specification and manage requirement flow down to lower level specifications.
- Develops statements of work, technical volumes, project plans and schedules, and fee incentives; estimate resource and material needs. Orchestrate artifacts via collaboration among engineering and support staff.
- Develop CONOPS and Use Cases
- Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Manage risk and opportunity with internal and external customers; work with technical team to identify, mitigate and close program risks.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment; interact, anticipate and respond to customer needs.
- Work multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations
- 6+ years of related experience and Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software or Systems Engineering (or similar technical discipline)
- OR Master's Degree with 4+years of related experience
- C4ISR Systems and Operations experience
- Interim or Active DoD Secret Clearance preferred
- Requirements managements, traceability, and verification with IBM Rational DOORS
- Communication Systems experience
- Knowledge of SATCOM systems, fiber optic media converter systems, data links, RF systems, and Modems.
- Experience with Government contracting, proposal writing, and business acquisition process
- Apply the Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) process and tools