JMP, a division of SAS, is seeking a Pre-Sales Systems Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will provide technical pre-sale and post-sale support to JMP clients utilizing extensive knowledge of industry and industry statistical processes.
This is currently an expression of interest posting, however should you have the below experience, we will contact you to provide you with more information about sales positions at JMP and introduce you to our hiring team.
- Utilizing strategic selling techniques with an Account Executive and an Inside Sales Representative to strategize on prospects and develop strategic sales objectives for targeted accounts.
- Preparing custom presentations based on opportunity analysis.
- Providing timely follow up and communications to prospects and JMP team.
- JMP deployment planning implementation in conjunction with Account Executive.
- Customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction and growth.
- Working effectively as part of a team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets.
- Customizing, presenting, and evaluating sales seminars.
- Providing support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Assisting with training of staff.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer facing skills including experience with customer needs analysis and presentations.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to relate technical and statistical concepts to industry personnel.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience with analytical software sales and territory start-up in a technical role.
Essential Experience Required:
- Master's degree in Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
- Significant experience in technical pre-sales, technical marketing, technical support, or a related area.
- 1 or more year(s) of experience using applied statistics in an industry.
- Up to 50% travel within assigned territory.