Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 154 days ago
Systems Engineer (Job Number:442671)
SAIC is looking for a Systems Engineer to come join our team in Springfield, VA. This position is in support of the Department of State (DoS) as a part of the Vanguard 2.2.1 contract. The candidate will be responsible for the development of system engineering designs for Information Technology (IT) projects. The candidate will be primarily responsible for design, build, deployment and maintenance of the Infoblox DHCP infrastructure and the Infoblox DNS, DHCP and IPAM technologies. This role requires an in-depth knowledge of the Infoblox DHCP Architecture, the Windows base DHCP and Active Directory. The candidate will research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast- paced environment.
Description of Duties:
- Work with project stakeholders to determine their functional requirements.
- Architect, design, develop, and deploy IT systems.
- Act as the technical team lead for integration projects.
- Implement and support a variety of applications and analyze traffic across the DoS network.
- Conduct Technical Meetings.
- Ensure services manager is made aware of potential system problems or customer issues to avoid surprising management personnel
- Review and document functionality of existing legacy applications.
- Create test plans, technical specifications, and white papers as required.
- Communicate regularly to project leads regarding project activities and status.
- Provide support to 24x7x365 operations
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; (9+) years of experience in lieu of degree; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Experience performing requirements analysis, system design, testing, integration and deployment of complex IT systems.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Experience leading system integration projects as the technical lead.
- Experience architecting system interfaces and managing project risks based on system dependencies.
- Experience working with customers to capture/document requirements.
- Active Secret security clearance
- Familiarity with DoS processes.
- Infoblox experience
- Extensive DHCP experience
- Microsoft and/or networking certifications.
- Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong writing skills.