- The Enterprise & Mission Solution Business Unit currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to support the Vanguard 2 program.
- The Vanguard 2 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program.
- The IRM program supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
Description of Duties:
Execute the duties and responsibilities as a member of the Global IT Modernization (GITM) Virtual Infrastructure Team (VI) at the DOS IRM bureau.
Utilizing VMWare products:
- Research, analyze, evaluate and integrate new and emerging virtualization technologies.
- Provide operational engineering support to enterprise-level solutions using virtual server hosting, backup solutions, off-site data replication and service level storage solutions.
- Support the implementation of VMware hardware and operating systems solutions to provide hosting services to multiple overseas Posts.
- Provision Virtual Machines and patches to the software and hardware hosting infrastructure.
- Maintain and restore VM "backups" and Snapshots.
- Participate in on- call after-hours support rotation, responding to support calls after- hours/weekends/holidays/shutdowns.
- Maintain Configuration DB with all Virtual Infrastructure components.
- Update system and process documentation and user guides as needed diagrams and SOPs as needed.
- Complete Service Request tickets for VMWare technical issues. The VMWare Engineer will have daily interactions with government clients related to meeting technical requirements for GITM initiatives.
Bachelors with 12+ years experience or additional experience in lieu of degree.
- VMWare and vSphere design, integration and deployment.
- Knowledge or Training on VMware and ESX 5.0+ deployment, configuration, and maintenance.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Experience leading system integration projects as the technical lead.
- Strong scripting skills.
- NetApp storage administration and operation experience.
- LAN/WAN networking experience.
- CommVault integration and administration experience.
- Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
- DOS processes. Clearance Requirement: SECRET (Active) with TS eligible