This position can be either Hardware or Software focused. D3 Engineering is seeking an experienced systems engineer with a strong software development background and/or an electronics design and development background who will provide individual technical contribution and systems engineering leadership as part of a team that supports the design, development, test, and integration of complex, specialized embedded hardware/software systems.
D3 Engineering, LLC, headquartered in Rochester, NY, is an established engineering services company. In business for over 15years, we are focused on new product development utilizing our expertise in Embedded Vision and Digital Power & Motion serving the Industrial, Bio-Medical, Automotive and, Security & Defense markets.
D3 offers competitive salaries as well as medical and retirement benefits. Our engineers have the opportunity to be engaged in cutting-edge, large company projects, yet in a small company atmosphere.
- Develop system level requirements and translate those into requirements for product development
- Develop system architecture and system design documentation
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Work with and lead teams consisting of project management, engineers, technical resources and subject matter experts to ensure the effective and efficient delivery
- Provide technical oversight and review support to development groups during product design and development
- Oversee code reviews, unit testing, debugging, and software/hardware integration
- Contribute to the overall planning of projects by recommending approaches, task definition and work effort (WBS), identifying resources, and developing timelines
- Work with Project Management to develop and adhere to schedules and budgets required to accomplish project deliverables
- Assist in the identification and implementation of process improvements
- Development of Concept(s) of Operation
- Requirements Development and Analysis
- System Specification Development
- Experience with conducting trade studies
- System/Subsystem Integration/Test Planning and Execution
- Expert level electronic hardware and system design experience and/or
- Expert knowledge in programming/scriptinglanguages such as C, C++, Python, Perl and/or Java in an embedded environment. Linux a plus. Embedded systems design a plus.
- Experience in all phases of the software life cycle
- Demonstrated technical leadership and facilitation skills
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor of Science in CS/CE/EE discipline along with 7+ years of directly related experience and/or equivalent combination.
- Demonstrated subject matter experience
- Masters Preferred
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. Please note we are not able to sponsor or transfer visas at this time.
For more information about D3 Engineering, please visit
No 3rd Parties, please!
D3 Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.