At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day. This exciting role as a Systems Engineer is responsible for planning, implementing/executing, and documenting system engineering activities for Rheem electronic controls. This position will serve our Air Conditioning Division (ACD), located in Fort Smith, AR WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Active engagement with software, hardware, test, and product development teams over the entire product life cycle to ensure that system engineering work products are planned, documented, and completed.
- Document / Define / Update (in conjunction with software, hardware, and extended team) controller system requirements.
- Document / Define / Update controller system architecture including key functional blocks, inputs, outputs, and interfaces.
- Document / Define / Update (in conjunction with software, hardware, and extended team) system requirements verification plan.
- Create / Maintain a controller traceability matrix which maps controller requirements to the associated verification activities and results.
- Define / Perform verification activities as required including support of product and component level reliability testing.
- Participate in product design reviews to ensure that products have required hardware and software features.
- Support manufacturing engineering and suppliers by participating in the development of product test procedures and control documentation
- Work closely with customer service team to support product and controller training.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering / Engineering Technology (Electrical, Software or Mechanical discipline)
- Minimum 7 years of related experience with electronic controls and test equipment.
- Experience with product and component level FMEAs
- Experience with electronics failure analysis
- Ability to read, understand and implement technical procedures, and government regulations
- Ability to create and interpret a variety of schematic, electrical and mechanical diagrams
- Demonstrated proficiency in National Instruments Test Stand and LabView Test Environments.
HOW TO STAND OUT:
- Masters in Engineering
- HVAC or Water Heating Application Experience (Strongly preferred)
- Electronics Design Experience
- Software Experience
- Electronics Manufacturing Experience
- Quality / Reliability Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt Certification