In this role, you have the opportunity to
The candidate will assist in the design, development and integration of Radar Environment Simulators (RES) systems with a senior RES Systems Engineer as well as a team of multi-disciplinary engineers.
You are responsible for
- Ensure that RES systems delivered meet customer specifications and perform as necessary for the intended application
- Provide technical support during product demonstrations and help manage the customer interface for technical discussions, design reviews, acceptance testing, system installation and maintenance of company products
- Support the development of engineering proposals/bids that consist of technical white papers/descriptions, estimates of cost and schedule, and technical evaluations
- Support the execution team for major architecture developments and analysis for systems improvement. Examples include use case generation, evaluation of products and development, design improvement recommendations to meet customer requirements, and system integration and test.
You are a part of
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers who develop the Radar Environment Simulator product line. The systems engineer has a key design role and interfaces with the customer to develop a solution that meets the customers individual needs while aligning with the key product line objectives of leveraging and re-use of existing designs.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or similar field
- 7 years of experience as an Engineer (SW/FW/HW) in the EW, Radar, or Defense domains; of which 2 years of experience are in the EW/Radar Systems Engineering domain
- Ability to create and present technical documents for system concepts of operations and internal/external customer requirement specifications
- Ability to thoroughly understand the design of military electronic systems/subsystems that consist of RF/Microwave and digital hardware, firmware, and GUI/real-time software with the end goal of generating top-level detailed designs using that knowledge
- Ability to lead a technical team in defining system and functional block diagrams, then to decompose into lower level subsystem functional requirements for Software, Hardware, and Test Engineering
- Ability to generate and ensure flow down of derived requirements
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to a variety of audiences
- Technical problem solving skills
- Ability to mentor other members of the team
- Ability to work in a team environment; strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)