Qualis Corporation is seeking a Systems Engineer specializing in the management and operations of a Cloud/Virtualized environment running Windows/Linux operating systems in support of the Missile Defense Agency at Schriever AFB, CO.
- Run through a daily battle-rhythm of checks on the virtualized environment, viewing and responding to events reflected in the various management tools, server patch management, attending various meetings (team, staff, change, configuration, etc.), participating in forward thinking activities and task automation.
- Be the primary interface between the Virtualization Center of Excellence and the Storage Team.
- Daily reviews of systems to ensure normal maintenance functions are performing properly as well as execution of daily/weekly system health checks and system audit log reviews.
- Coordinate efforts with other work centers and personnel to resolve Remedy Incidents related to systems and supporting infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Primary duty hours fall between 0700 and 1700 with shift work required to assist with after-hours maintenance activities and staffing of the IT Operations Center.
- Must have strong relevant experience in a large virtualized environment
- Experience working with Enterprise level storage arrays
- Must have a strong networking background with an emphasis on security
- Must have a strong analytical background with accompanying troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills also required
- Per DoD 8570 candidates must have completed and be enrolled in Continuing Education (CE) with a Security+ certification or equivalent
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP5 or VCP6) certification or Cloud Design certification a plus
- Experience with VMware vCloud Automation Center (VCAC)
- Previous work experience in an enterprise level virtualized environment with 500 or more virtual machines and/or 100 or more hypervisors
- Experience working with EMC Storage
- Experience with Remedy ticketing systems
- Experience as a Windows/Linux System Administrator supporting a large Enterprise with knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows2003/2008/2012 or 2012 R2, Linux/UNIX Operating Systems, Symantec Netbackup and SCCM Patch Management solutions. HP server products to include HP c-Class Blade Systems, Virtual Connect and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) are a plus
- Scriptingexperience w/ Microsoft Powershell and vSphere PowerCLI