The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
What You Will Be Doing
- Participate in the creation of sales strategy and tactics and takes ownership of technical responsibilities.
- Assisting customers with evaluations and benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and domain expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS and SAN product spaces.
- Prepare and deliver of technical product and architecture presentations to customers and ensure the technical win within the new prospects and clients.
- Capture new solution requirements.
- Identify and encourage new opportunities for interoperability, functional, and performance testing/validation.
- Facilitate mutual roadmap and planning exchanges
- Work with product and technical marketing to produce materials (i.e. whitepaper, web presentations) that support overall alliance plans and objectives.
- Track and monitor the competitive landscape and ensure that materials accurately reflect the latest, differentiated solution positioning.
What You Bring To The Team
- 10 years minimum experiencesupporting the sales of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts and data centers.
- Deep understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of multi-tiered client/server and web-based computing solutions.
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN).
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives).
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment.
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems.
- Knowledge of VMWare, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Pre-sales experience is required.
- Prior experience in targeting new prospects and converting them into clients.
- Application knowledge is highly desirable.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!