SAIC is looking for a well-qualified Systems Engineer - Project Management Support to join an exciting program in Springfield, VA. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a willingness to learn and the ability to be an immediate contributor in fast paced team environments. Job responsibilities include providing project management, acquisition, specialized systems engineering, and technical analysis support for a portfolio of advanced capabilities in the maritime domain. The candidate will be required to monitor project cost, schedule, and technical performance throughout the acquisition life cycle and to generate associated reports and deliverables while working in close coordination with customer project officers. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to perform a non-supervisory leadership role amongst a small team of SETA support contractors while regularly interfacing with customer senior leadership to help define and track progress of the team's tasking, priorities, deliverables, and advocate for their support needs.
Primary tasks include:
- Support the sustainment of current capabilities as well as the development of future capabilities to meet the customer's evolving operational needs;
- Provide high-level systems engineering expertise in support of system acquisition, platform integration, testing and evaluation, and deployment activities;
- Preparation and submission of project status reports, briefing materials, and other administrative deliverables;
- Attend project meetings including formal milestone reviews (requirements reviews, design reviews, test readiness reviews, etc.) and informal planning sessions to track status and actions related to cost, schedule, and technical performance;
- Support new concept development, configuration and risk management activities, long-range strategic planning, and other tasks as assigned.
- An active Top Secret clearance with eligibility for access to sensitive compartmented information (TS/SCI);
- The ability to complete a counter-intelligence scope polygraph (post hire);
- Shall have 10 years or more experience providing technical project management support for DOD and/or IC acquisitions;
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as engineering, physical sciences, mathematics, or operations research; 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- An active Top Secret clearance with access to SCI;
- Prior Systems Engineering or Program Management acquisition certification from the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) or equivalent authority;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.