Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Special Programs Line of Business has been delivering extraordinary solutions to some of our nation’s most critical imperatives. Bringing to bear the full spectrum of capabilities across the Lockheed Martin Corporation, Space’s Special Programs team provides its range of customers a legacy of superior performance, relevance, and innovation with a dedicated focus on Operational Excellence and Mission Success.
As a Systems Engineer, you will work reciprocally with Special Programs teams and customers to provide systems engineering and integration solutions to partners.
In this role, you will:
• Provide high-level systems engineering capabilities and processes
• Demonstrate your experience with the full requirements and verification life-cycle
• Exhibit the skills to integrate components and subsystems into a larger assembly and communicate to the Certified Principle Engineer (CPE) and/or lower assembly team in a manner that explains the larger system perspective
• Perform requirements generation, decomposition and flow-down; requirements specification generation and maintenance of the documentation
• Conduct verification and validation planning, execution, and closure – with a focus on “how” requirements are verified
• Coordinate hardware, software, and system level tests with multi-disciplinary teams
• Develop and maintain the Interface Control Documents (ICDs), constraint matrices, and CONOPS
• Participate in post-test data reviews and product generations
• Create and maintain system level verification reports
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
1. Experience in systems engineering principles involved in operations support and integration efforts (e.g., procedures, requirements, specification development and maintenance, performance evaluation, problem investigation, cross-organizational integration, multi-disciplinary teams, etc.)
2. Proven ability to communicate with and lead multidisciplinary teams and diverse partner teams
3. Experience with electronic hardware packages and their interactions at the system and subsystem levels, mechanically, electronically, and with software
4. Full life-cycle Systems Engineering skills: requirements development, CONOPS, interfaces, project management, integration, test, and sell-off to inform System verification development
5. US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
1. Specification and/or ICD development experience
2. Satellite Assembly, Test and Launch Operations (ATLO) experience
3. Knowledge of and familiarity with Special Programs Customers
4. Demonstrated skills to lead teams and drive issues to closure
5. Mechanical and/or Electrical system engineering
6. Proven experience in decomposition and allocation of requirements from system to subsystem and component level specs
7. Developing test plans and procedures
8. Certified Test Conductor (CTC)
9. Strong verbal and written communication skills to build effective relationships across organizations, disciplines (electrical, mechanical, thermal, software) and with customers
10. 7+ years Systems Engineering experience with design integration, preferably on a satellite or payload; should be considered an emerging authority in the field
11. Ability to work independently
12. Current Top Secret or TS/SCI Clearance