Northrop Grumman Mission Systems seeks a Systems Engineer with hands on Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience for a fast-paced, growing, dynamic position supporting simulation and training programs in Orlando, Florida. NGMS is an industry leader in developing, integrating, and sustaining complex systems for the US Department of Defense. Our engineering teams perform a variety of tasks leading to the successful integration, test, deployment, and sustainment of complex modeling & simulation (M&S) systems, enabling a worldwide distributed mission training capability over secure networks.
Systems Engineer primary responsibilities are:
• Perform model-based systems engineering development activities to produce digital engineering design artifacts
• Perform technical planning, requirements analysis and development, verification and validation, cost and risk tradeoff analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
• Support system specification updates and associated performance enhancements and interface development/upgrade efforts
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Review and analyze system requirements and identify impacts to the appropriate requirements and/or design specifications
• Identify integration issues and system requirements discrepancies across multiple systems
In addition, the candidate must be a team player, able to work comfortably and effectively with company team members as well as program stakeholders and DoD contractor personnel using strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills. Also, the candidate may be required to travel in support of customer interface, technical interchange meetings, on-site technical support, and event/exercise support.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below
This requisition may be filled at either as a System Engineer or Principal System Engineer
Education/Experience for System Engineer:
Typical Minimum Education / Experience: 2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical STEM field.
Education/Experience for Principal System Engineer:
Typical Minimum Education / Experience: 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 1 Years with PhD. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
Basic Qualifications for both levels:
• US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
• Experience working within formal engineering & development processes for the development of complex systems
• Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications
• Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions
Preferred Qualifications for both levels:
• Experience performing model-based systems engineering design activities using industry-leading MBSE development tools, such as IBM Rational Rhapsody or NoMagic Enterprise Architect/MagicDraw or Cameo experience preferred, to produce DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF), System Modeling Language (SysML), and Unified Modeling Language (UML) digital engineering design artifacts
• Experience with distributed simulation protocols such as DIS, HLA, TENA
• Experience with deployment of DoD Systems such as IFF, Radar Systems, Radio Communications, Data Links, Munitions, Electronic Warfare, Aircraft Representation
• Ability to develop and present material outside the immediate work function
• Possess a working knowledge of cyber security concepts
• Possess a working knowledge software programming functional concepts
• Active DoD Secret clearance