$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Burlington, MA 01803
Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
Less than 5 years
Posted 61 days ago
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) Sector, Space Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (SISR) Division, Space Surveillance and Environmental Intelligence (SS&EI) Operating Unit is seeking an early career Systems Engineer (Level 2 or 3) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Burlington, MA.
Qualified individuals must be flexible, self-motivated, hardworking and capable of working on an operational system providing unique solutions to real world challenges as well as maintenance of spacecraft and ground system. The ideal candidate will develop solutions to complex problems, utilizing imagination, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform their work with general direction and a level of independence commensurate with experience. The candidate must understand how his/her tasks fit within the overall program objectives and perform their work accordingly. The selected candidate will be expected to engage with NG Leadership, external business partners and customers, as required.
The candidate will support the Chandra X-Ray Observatory science mission, working within a badgeless teaming environment of cross-discipline specialty engineers and be responsible for (but not limited to) the following tasks.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Apply systems engineering processes and procedures to develop and maintain systems that meet customer needs; ensuring compliance with applicable directives, policies, and standards/best practices.
· Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk & opportunity assessments, baseline control management, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
· Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, system data trending & performance analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and/or software specifications. Troubleshoot system anomalies.
· Create, review and maintain critical system documentation, such as requirements documents, design documents, interface description documents, test plans & procedures and analysis reports.
· Requirements management, including decomposition, allocation, traceability, certification. Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solution that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
· Support Modeling and Simulation, architecture, CONOPS activities on an as needed basis.
· Identify and implement improved tools and processes to increase team efficiency.
"This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3"
Basic Qualifications for a Systems Engineer (Level 2) are a Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) discipline and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or Master's degree in STEM with 0 years of experience
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Systems Engineer (Level 3) are a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; Master's degree in STEM with 3 years experience
· Familiarity with System/Software Development Life-cycles; familiarity with agile development processes; and knowledge of system architectures, networks and operations.
· Ability to work at a government facility within a multi-contractor (badgeless) team environment. Experience working specialized projects with a diverse group of individuals/skill sets.
· Working knowledge of industry standard engineering processes/procedures and best practices; demonstrated application of such knowledge.
· Familiarity with MatLab, STK, and requirements, configuration management, and/or problem report tracking systems
· Experience with developing data analysis tools using high-level coding languages and/or scripting/interpreted languages.
· Experience with risk management, issue resolution, problem solving and customer service.
· Knowledge of Deep Space Network (DSN), satellite systems, ground systems, and/or communication systems.
· A self-starter who works independently to develop approaches to solutions.
· Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) methodologies
Valid Through: 2019-9-16