The Systems Engineer II member will work in a dynamic team environment under the supervision of the Assistant Vice President of Systems Engineering- Infrastructure.
Day-to-day work responsibilities would include (but not limited to):
- Monitoring of DCs, AD, system log monitoring and analysis, domain performance monitoring and tuning, and physical inspection of environment.
- Status check of ESX servers, VM performance, resource utilization, and performance tuning.
- Conduct physical inspections of server, log monitoring, subsystem analysis, and daily performance monitoring.
- Conduct active verification and validation of OS patch status, McAfee update status, functional status of the enterprise and its associated member systems, erasing media marked for destruction according to policy, and proper documentation and escalation of all events.
- Design, deploy, manage, administer, and document the logical and physical infrastructure within a multivendor, domain environment.
- Administration of all aspects of MS Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, domain, and security components.
- Configuration of VMWare Enterprise Class features such as High Availability, Distributed Resource Scheduling, VMotion, vRealize Automation, and SVmotion.
- Administration of all aspects of the Production environment with a focus on analysis, performance improvement, and system optimization.
- Execution of due diligence in regards to data confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Apply intermediate understanding of how to design, deploy, manage, administer and document router, switch, and firewall configurations.
- Obtain work experience with the output from troubleshooting complex Enterprise infrastructure issues from a macro view and implement solution from a micro view.
- Periodically design, create, and present custom in-house training for one-on-one and group training.
We are searching for candidates who possess:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as either a systems administrator, virtualization administrator, AD administrator, or combination.
- Strong knowledge of current systems and infrastructure technologies, both front-end and back-end technologies.
- Strong exposure to VMware Infrastructure, Citrix, Microsoft Windows OS, Linux OS Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft O365.
- Additional experience in various Server, Workstation, Router, Switch, and SAN technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Proven experience implementing enterprise-class solutions in a Production environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of all phases of physical and virtual server deployment, management, and administration.
- Working knowledge of router, switch, firewall, and security technologies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to form effective partnerships with stakeholders, and a talent for negotiation and effective issue resolution.
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills, exceptional attention to detail, and ability to execute amid ambiguity with limited direction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, sex, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship, or any other classes recognized by state or local law or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. We are a drug free workplace.