The chosen individual will manage and maintain critical servers in a complex network environment, with more than 800 servers. The incumbent must be able to resolve issues quickly, accurately and comprehensively by drawing upon experience and training.
- Administering servers and server applications including applying security patches, software updates and OS upgrades.
- Troubleshooting server problems and take necessary steps to resolve during and after business hours.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Participate in projects which may involve coordination with IT personnel at various locations.
- Administer and maintain critical business systems.
- Develop and build new systems, and integrate them into the current network topology with no negative impact on the business units.
- Document and maintain procedures regarding responsible systems and servers.
- Analyze performance reports and graphs, and report to senior staff when established benchmarks have been exceeded. May be asked to further investigate performance issues as a growth exercise.
- Assist with applications development debugging involving systems related issues, and report findings to senior staff for follow-up.
- On-call rotation responding to wide range of hardware and software problems. 24x73rd level on-call duties for specific technologyresponsibilities.
- Associates degree in Information Technology field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3years of system administrator experience in a client-server environment.
- Good understanding of Active Directory, user account management, Group Policy, permissions, etc.
- Good understanding of Windows server operating systems.
- Able to be on-call24x7, expected to respond to wide range of hardware and software problems. The Systems Engineer I can expect to be called during overnight hours to solve server issues.
- MCSA or an equivalent job-related certification preferred
- Demonstrated success in a high volume, 24x7 production environment.
- Knowledge of infrastructure maintenance best practice processes and formal change-management procedures
- Must have good troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Able to function both independently and in a team environment
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, IP addressing, subnetting, FTP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, DHCP, etc.