At PerfectServe, our job is to get clinical communication right – to connect physicians to each other when seconds count and lives are on the line.
We work hard, are committed to our clients, to each other, and to our mutual success. Our high energy level makes the PerfectServe workplace electric. People laugh, have fun and keep things moving, even in meetings. Yes, in meetings.
PerfectServe’s Systems Engineer is expected to have the technical ability to directly manage all aspects of the PerfectServe server infrastructure including Windows Server, MSSQL, Exchange, SharePoint, Citrix, IIS, Active Directory, VMWare virtualization, and Fiber Channel SANs. The position serves as a key role in meeting PerfectServe’s stringent 99.9% uptime requirements dictating the candidate to be quick on their feet, smooth under pressure and employ flawless quality control practices.
- Engineer, support and lead implementations of the growing infrastructure
- Manage VMware, Network and SAN storage systems
- Analyze complex system behavior, performance and application issues
- Analyze network needs and contribute to design of networkarchitecture, integration and installation
- Maintain infrastructure hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals and wiring
- Monitor and maintain systems and network stability, collects and analyzes network and server utilization, and installs and tests software upgrades
- Participate in the Technical Infrastructure Support Team 24/7 on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experiencewith the following:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft server platforms and services
- Proven experience in deploying and maintaining Exchange and SQL Server high availability clusters
- Proven experience installing, configuring and maintaining multi-tiered system applications
- Proven system management including hardware and software upgrades, patch management and troubleshootingexperience
- Strong knowledge Citrix Presentation Server
- Strong knowledge of VMWare including vSphere networking and Datastore management
- General knowledge of networking concepts and technology including switches, routers and firewalls
- Ability to work closely with peers and team members in a collaborative manner
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- VMWare experience in a Data Center
- Dell Compellent Storage or other storage experience
- Experience with Interactive Intelligence (Genesys) IP-Telephony platform
- Experience with Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
Environment, Physical & Other Requirements:
This position requires interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers on the phone, face-to-face, or on the computer, all employees must be able to communicate with or without reasonable accommodation.
Depending on the assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit otherlocations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 - 50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information.
PerfectServe is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
PerfectServe, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer -----M/F/D/V.