We are looking for a Systems Engineer, with Operational Technology & Critical Infrastructure experience, to work within a small Globally skilled team within Fortinet to enable our Sales and Systems Engineering organization to be highly successful within sales calls to Operational Technology and Critical Infrastructure customers and their environments. The Systems Engineer's mission will be to enable the Operational Technology and Critical Infrastructure organization to strongly validate design solutions presented to the Sales and Systems Engineering Organization as a Reference Architecture (RA) to build their business from within these target clients. They will also support the Global compliance, laws, regulations, etc. of these Operational Technology & Critical Infrastructure systems by mapping these criteria’s back to our Fortinet products.
• Pre-sales - Assist in qualifying sales leads, from a technical standpoint, of Operational Technology and Critical Infrastructure Security Solutions. This could also include the compliance, laws, regulations, etc. that map to our Fortinet products.
• Sales calls - Enabling technical resources on sales calls and answer/educate the customer on issues ranging from features, specifications, and functionality to the integration of Fortinet’s products for Operational Technology and Critical Infrastructure Security Solutions. This could also include the compliance, laws, regulations, etc. that map to our Fortinet products.
• Conversant with Operational Technology, Information Technology, L1 to L7 networking, applications and solutions.
• Review product Reference Architecture and functional specification, design and execute test plan to ensure field success of a real world deployed solution.
• Technically document Reference Architecture’s as a Technical Guide for end users within Operational Technology and Critical Infrastructure clients to follow when deploying a Solution RA.
• Provide technical guidance to Systems Engineers and SMEs within OT & CI to build future RA’s.
• Modify RA network security design and implementation guidance internally and externally to meet the customer’s requirements.
• Test new features and/or new FortiOS releases to ensure alignment with existing RA’s.
• Verify FortiGate configurations and implement the best practices per Sector and with documentation.
• Perform interoperability evaluation of devices that interact with Fortinet products.
• Tackle difficult problems and provide solutions for new product developments.
• Post-sales - be the lead technical contact for identified accounts for technical issues and work closely with the technical support team and engineering team to answer, elevate, and resolve customer's technical issues.
• Provide assistance to identified customers with post-sales training.
• 3-5 years’ hands-on experience, as well as technical operations, of the Operational Technology/Industrial Control Systems/Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition environments
• 5 – 8 years’ experience in technical/pre-sales support as a sales and/or systems engineer
• 5 - 7 years’ experience in LAN/WAN/Internet services administration
• Strong understanding of DNS and NFS, SMTP, HTTP, TCP/IP
• Knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Intrusion Detection, and Anti Virus.
• Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, FIREWALL, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, DES, 3DES
• Experience with encryption and authentication technologies required
• Strong presentation skills
• Familiarity with the common OT and CI protocols in the Fortinet Industrial Application Library as well as other OT and CI protocols
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience. Graduate degree preferred or equivalent experience.