Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 166 days ago
- The Network and Systems Engineer is able to troubleshoot and resolve advanced desktop, server, and network issues. Serve as an escalation point for all levels of Systems Administrators. Able to handle most user and server issues before finding it necessary to escalate.
- Assist clients with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
- Physical setting up of computers and software system installation for various computer applications and programs
- Install software, patches, updates on desktops, and laptops
- Troubleshoot network, software, and printing problems
- Installs and/or upgrade Microsoft Operating Systems
- Performs virus detection and removal
- Review quarterly preventative maintenance assessments on client servers using Onepath standards and processes
- Adherence to Onepath processes and standards
- Resolve backup issues that may include written client recommendations for alternative backup methods as well as the escalation point for complicated backup issues
- Perform active role with Senior System Engineers on projects, i.e. server and firewall installs, migrations, voip installations, setup VPN, etc.
- Experience with setup and maintenance of uninterruptible power supplies
- Network switch and server room cable management
- Participate in project planning , delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members
- Basic firewall configuration
- System Engineers must possess excellent analytic skills, be client-oriented with excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask and prioritize client issues
- Must be a team player
- Hands-on experience with Windows 2008/2003 server, Active Directory, Exchange servers, Symantec Antivirus, Backup Exec, Internet DNS/E-mail/Communication issues
- 4-year degree in a computer related field with 3-4+ years of solid MS Windows experience or a non-computer related degree with 4-5+ years of solid MS Windows experience.
- Successful completion of designated MS Certifications
Requisition ID : 1326