System Engineer will assist with development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems for an accredited, unclassified DoD network supporting 3000 global users. Includes installing, configuring and updating Linux and Windows systems, applying patchings and security implementation guides (STIGs), updating technical documentation, workflows and SOPS, troubleshooting and resolving issues under supervision.
This position requires excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, ability to deliver clear written technical products, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personnel (government, contractors, technical and non-technical).
- 1 - 3 years experience installing, configuring and maintaining systems including MS Windows, Linux, including installing applications software, troubleshooting and updating applications
- 1-3 years experience using VMware
- Experience contributing to hardware documentation including developing and updating standard operating procedures and user guides
- Active Top Secret clearance, SCI Eligible
- CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent
- Experience configuring and supporting one or more technologies: MS Active Directory, MS Exchange, SCCM, Splunk, ACAS, HBSS
- Experience supporting multiple-classification IT systems and services such as NIPR, SIPR, SUNet
- AWS, Google or Azure experience
- Ability to work in a matrixed team environment and support multiple different efforts as needed
- Desire to learn new technologies and tools and willing to share your experience with the team
- Active Top Secret clearance is required