In the Professional Development Program entry-level candidates with career interests in Information Technology are given the opportunity to participate in multiple assignments of several months duration in different, relevant positions within our organization before making a commitment to remain in a particular position. Candidates must have an interest in information technology related work such as desktop support, system administration, or network engineering.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Desktop support operations, PC applications training, data control and scheduling coordination, systems administration, data security administration, network management, and associated fields.
- The database architecture positions involve experiences in database support for Oracle and SQL Server to include installation, configuration, monitoring, performance tuning, maintain current patch levels, upgrades to current DBMS releases, DB account management, auditing, backups/restores, security scan remediation, incident management remediation, and service requests
- The software engineering positions involve experiences in full life cycle work with applications that include Product Data Management (PDM)/Computer Aided Design (CAD), SAP and other COTS packages as well as internally developed applications. These opportunities will also include exposure to the cloud application model and responsive design techniques to support the move to cloud computing and mobile applications. Database management and GUI development are also key activities of these position opportunities. Software engineering technologies utilized include Microsoft SharePoint, HTML5, XML, CSS, and C#.net.
- Systems engineering positions involve experiences in identifying customer’s requirements and translating them into hardware and/or software requirements, estimate the cost associated with the requirements and work with architects to design the entire solution.
- The network and firewall engineering positions will involve experiences in the full life cycle work with numerous Cisco routers, switches, wireless controllers and access points, and firewalls.
- Experiences will include working with our customers and analyzing real business problems involving numerous applications, cyber security, and other related infrastructure elements.
- Differentiating characteristics include: internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communications skills, and activities (professional/community/ extracurricular).
Performance standards that an incumbent must have to be successful in this position include:
- Willingness and ability to learn and grow within the position while working in and experiencing a variety of technical specialties
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on technical and non-technical matters with co-workers and management
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD from an accredited institution in one of the following disciplines: Cyber Security, Cyber Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical & Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Proficiency using MS Office.
- U.S. citizenship is required.