8 - 10 years experience •
Title: Systems Engineer
Duration: Full Time Position
Must have a MCSE
The Systems Engineer performs tier three systems support in accordance with theSIE OPORD.In addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government?s software and hardware, Systems Engineers need advanced analytical, troubleshooting and design skills. The ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users also is essential. The Systems Engineer must be familiar with the systems engineering process and data as a fundamental building block for performance improvement. Participation in working groups, design reviews and system tests is required.
Candidates will help generate assessments, as well as develop and implement actionable recommendations based on reviews. Candidates require extensive knowledge of the development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance. Because of the broad range of demands Systems Engineers must meet, candidates who have demonstrated strong project planning skills are preferred.
Systems Engineers must have the ability to focus on engineering from a performance perspective. Candidates will have knowledge of data structures and relational database systems (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostGres) along with working knowledge of network and information exchange technologies (e.g., TCP/IP, RESTful, SOAP, HTTP). Finally, Systems Engineers must be familiar with system engineering processes and techniques, possess excellent collaboration and communication skills and demonstrate strong technical writing skills.
- Developing, maintaining and supporting technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components
- Performing installation, maintenance and support of system software and hardware
- Performing user support
- Configuring, debugging and supporting multiple infrastructure platforms
- Performing high-level root cause analysis in support of service interruption recovery as well as creating and documenting preventive measures
- Working as a strong team contributor and providing technical expertise
- Staying abreast of emerging trends in information technology and helping shape the work for the Government
- Working with the Government to understand their requirements and evaluate possible technical solutions
- Designing and implementing solutions for server, storage, and data technologies
- Creating and maintaining operational checklists
- Identifying performance issues and trends in operational systems
- Providing recommendations for process and configuration improvements
- Documenting system configurations and dependencies
- Reporting service status, issues, and recommendations to senior leaders
- Mentoring and leading junior systems personnel
Required Education: None Required
Description: Systems Engineer related experience
Current MCSE certification relevant to the candidates work area
If you are interested for this position, please revert me on hamza(AT)opensourcetechnical(DOT)com along with your updated resume and details below (Asap).
Best Number to Reach You:
Face 2 Face:
Availability to Start:
Clearance (Secret/Top Secret/TS/SCI [Active/Inactive]):